Porcelain / Ceramic
- Floor tiles must be manufactured to withstand this wear and tear from daily use. There are different class ratings based on traffic which is room dependent. We carry all of the major brands and more. Stop by our showroom to see what suits your needs.
- Stone has been used for thousands and thousands of years. Stone is not man made but has been known to last a lifetime. Our trained consultants have the knowledge to guide you through which options will give you a long lasting durable floor with the good looks and character you can only get from a natural stone.
- Every day, we are exploring new materials that expand your choices for flooring options. We have many different options to choose from and our Flooring experts will help you make the right decision. Come in to one of our showrooms to learn more about exciting options.
- Normally textured or matte finish tiles are less slippery than smooth or shiny tiles. This is something to consider when choosing floor tiles, especially in areas prone to moisture, such as bathrooms, kitchens, and entryways. With that in mind, many people still use polished marbles and porcelains in these areas and feel the results achieved with these products compensates the lack of slip resistance. While many products can be shopped for online, tile is one of those things that you need to literally come in to physically “touch and feel”.
Choosing A Size…
- Tile comes in many sizes from small 3/8″ mosaics to large 24″x48″ slab tiles and everything in between. We have seen a recent shift toward larger tiles for floor and wall applications. Many floor tiles also come in various sizes, which allow the creation of interesting and elaborate patterns. Just tell us the look and feel that you want for your room and we’ll help you accomplish your flooring dream.
The Rules of Color…
- Only you can decide what color is right for you, but here are a few fundamental rules to keep in mind: Lighter colors make a space appear larger. Darker colors add warmth and hide dirt well. Neutral colors allow you to change your decor but if you love a unique color, go for it! Just remember, it will be with you a long time.
- While some tiles will appear the same from piece to piece, many will have color and shade variations to give the overall look more depth and character. Both manmade tiles as well as natural stone will vary each time they are manufactured or quarried. If you require a specific shade, we recommend viewing multiple pieces of the current shade lot. Especially when dealing with natural stone, tiles will vary so it’s always a good idea to see a couple of pieces. Any questions or concerns should be answered before installation of your tile begins. That is what our flooring experts are here for.
Selecting A Style…
- Rustic or stone-looking tiles are very popular because they fit in with most furnishings and are excellent at hiding dirt. Marbleized tiles offer a more formal look. Tumbled marble is a timeless look that fits with many different styles. Newer products such as glass and metal tiles are now commonly used in combination with ceramic tile and natural stone to create a unique and striking installation. Visit one of our showrooms and let one of our Flooring Experts show you the difference in materials.